Sunday, June 29, 2008

Yet another battle

The news came late Friday that the Arizona State Senate voted to place another measure on the ballot in November to amend the State Constitution to include discrimination. In spite of the fact that the voters of Arizona made history in 2006, right-wing lobbyist forced the Senate to break the rules of procedure to force a vote in the final hours of the legislative session. The Senate had voted down the measure just days before - but kept it alive by approving a motion to reconsider.

This is going to be a tough battle, but I truly believe that with our community coming together and telling our stories, this is a battle that can be won!

6 comments:

We do because we Mexi-Can! said...

I agree, and echo what dad said to you. If this is what is important to you, it is what is worth fighting for! Love you!!

We do because we Mexi-Can! said...

I just want you to know that you are the coolest awesomest person ever!! And I love you!

Paco Belle said...

I absolutely think the same - you are the COOLEST AWESOMEST person! I just ADORE you my dear brother!
XOXO -
Belle

Lindsey said...

Keep up the good work, Nathan! You are doing a GREAT thing and I totally, 100% support your efforts!

CRCD Public Information Officer said...

I was cruising around the net and found this blog from the 1994 SFHS links. Because of the topic, I had to comment.

We legalized same sex marriage in California and hopefully it will not be overturned. I believe same sex marriage will be legal in all 50 states in our lifetime.

It is worth fighting for! Marriage and love cross gender and sexual orientation. I don't know what exactly you are doing, only that you graduated a year after me from SFHS.

Your efforts will pay off. It was a hard fight in CA. It will happen in AZ too. Just keep at it....

Besides, whether the conservatives (especially the mormons) want to admit it some of the strongest and loving relationships are GLBT.
The hetro conservative Christians don't have the monopoly on love and marriage.

Celeste said...

Nothing new yet???